Thursday, March 14, 2013

On our way to St Patrick's Day . . . . 

We stopped for a bit 'o "green". 


As always, with my first impression of the topic of the week - I hated it!  So typical of me.  What in the world am I supposed to do with "green" ?

Well, by Sunday I had begun to have lots of thoughts about "green".  Green is one of my favorite colors but I have never thought about green as being a photo topic before.

OK, so I head off for a much needed walk. Did I take along the camera?  nope . . 
So, here we have picMonkey enhanced photos taken with my camera phone.



Lovely moss.  So soft, fuzzy and natural.  I just love it!  And a wonderful wild vine with a pretty red stem. Photo hint # ? something or other from was it Uncle Jim ?  Whatever and whomever, it does add a nice touch.



For St. Patrick's Day - have to add a photo of green clover!  Believe you me, I searched for a 4 leaf clover and still have never found one!  Someday, someday.

So, that was my walk and what I found along the way.  Still looking around my house I saw lots of green this week and came up with idea that I saw a certain daughter-in-law use on the topic of  "yellow" one time.  Here we have my "green" arrangement on the mantle.  All of these things except for the Starbuck's card and the mother-in-law plant are always on the mantle, not in this arrangement, but on the mantle. Sure isn't the shades of green found in my walk.


So, there we have this week's topic of  "green".
  Can't wait to see what the other folks come up with!


5 comments:

  1. I spy the matchstick man! How I love him.
    And I love that second picture- with the electric mint leaves with the red vine down the center.

    Ha! Next week's theme is "mud". I can't wait to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those crazy electric leaves too. And the clover looks so pretty with the red leaf in front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, your commentary is the best! My favorites here are the moss and the candles. Love the filters you are using! You are going pro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green candles are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you can do with a camera phone, Melanie! Great photos and effects.

    ReplyDelete