Thursday, February 21, 2013

Project Equals Rain here in Texas ~ ~

Well, ever since Cari told me I could do photos on any day - not just Thursday, I have had my mind set on Wednesday since that is my day off.  For the past two weeks, it has poured rain on Wednesday...or been awfully overcast and gray.  So much for Wednesday.

I have started taking my camera with me more often. Last Saturday morning, I braved the cold and got some photos of a great little gazebo/chapel thingy at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in Longview, Texas.



I had so much fun playing around with that picmonkey - I can' even tell you what I did.  I can tell you it looks better than the raw photo did!

This one I think I did a focus on the cross at the top, not real sure. The whole thing looks a bit blurry to me this morning!

The structure has these windows on both ends.  I thought I would like the shot with the blue sky behind, however - when I got home and looked, this one with the trees was my favorite shot, hands down!  For some reason, I really like it.

In between rain showers yesterday I took this photo of the entrance to a medical center.  It is just very, very different and I like it.

So, there you have it.  Some others, are just hanging out in my computer, but I have started looking at the world through different eyes since we started this project.

Thanks Cari for such a good idea! 



10 comments:

  1. I love the window one, too. I like the cross that's formed by the supports.

    And the last picture is great! I love all the different lines, and how they all intersect. Like you said- you start looking at the world differently when you're thinking about photographing it. I would have walked past that entrance to the medical center and never really looked at it, had you not posted this shot.

    Next week is "Happiness or Joy". I can't wait to see your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would also love that entrance, takes a good eye to see it rightly. I think your first photo of the "gazebo thingy" is so warm and inviting. All your pictures are interesting, really!

    I hope you don't really bow out, I have enjoyed seeing the world from your angle! The fun in this for me is to see how different people interpret the world around them, and to challenge myself to come up with something better than I otherwise would have. No, I am not a great photographer, but it is still fun to play along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement Rebekah.

      I have fun playing around too.

      Delete
  3. It's so fun to play around with different photo editing. It can really make the picture have a different feel can't it?

    I love playing around with editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, editing is a whole new world for me. I always thought the different things were all created with different lenses!

      Delete
  4. Number one and four are my favorites. The first one is so inviting, but I really love the pop of blue in the fourth one. I hope you continue to link up. I love seeing everyones ideas and their perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to view and post about my pictures.

      Glad you enjoyed them.

      I will do next week and see what I come up with.

      Delete
  5. These are great! I saw in your comment on Cari's blog that you were thinking about not linking up anymore, but you should definitely continue. Your pics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one and the window are my favorites! Wait, I also love the last one, super cool! And, please don't bow out! I love seeing all the pics and it wouldn't be the same without yours - they're so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment just disappeared... O, Blogger, you drive me nuts.

    I love the chapel gazebo. I've never see anything like it. I hope you continue linking because I always enjoy your photos and your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete